Discover caribou with this unit of study that includes activities in science, art, language arts, writing, research, geography, cooking and more! Explore the world of caribou with the colorful, hands-on activities designed to engage curious kids.
Who is it for?
- Kids in 2nd-5th grade. Accessible and adaptable to younger children with assistance from adults or older siblings.
- Homeschool families looking for nature study curriculum.
- Kids who are interested in nature and animals.
- Kids who like hands-on activities.
KWL Chart (Know, Want to Know, Learned)
- Venn Diagram
- Caribou anatomy and adaptations
- All about antlers
- Caribou diet, food chain and food chain craft
- Caribou habitat
- Caribou biome activity
- Geography activity
- Caribou migration
- A caribou's year
- Writing and poetry prompts
- Links to sounds
- Caribou cookie recipe
- Snowstorm science experiment
- Shadow puppet craft
- DIY antlers
- Vocabulary and recommended books and websites
- spiral bound
- 8.5 x 11 letter size booklet
- 31 color pages, including perforated card stock for crafts
- content and original images by Georgia McKenzie, MA in Education, teacher and curriculum specialist
- The caribou in this unit of study is the Porcupine Herd, based in Alaska, USA.
For schools: contact email@example.com for bulk orders.
Certified by the Made in Alaska program